News - Featured location - Sicily
The perfect Italian summer hotspot, there is certainly more to Sicily than sun, sea and Palermo. So if you have the January blues, let us whisk you away for we’re heading Wild West to the little known north-western coast and the picture perfect town of Castellammare del Golfo. Bursting with energy and activity during the summer months, here are our top five tips . . . . . . . .
1. The town’s biggest attraction . . . . . is the harbour’s castle with a very interesting (and free) museum.
2. Enjoy a hand-made gelato or refreshing Sicilian granite . . . . there is a wonderful array of restaurants, pizzeria’s & bars here where you can watch the girls go by.
3. The famous Tonnara . . . . . or tuna fishery is worth a visit and was the scene to George Clooney’s Ocean Twelve and where Gavin Maxwell’s cheery novel ‘Ten Pains of Death’ was written.
4. Catch a boat trip to the national park of Zingaro . . . . . 7km of unspoilt coast and soaring mountain peaks for the explorer amongst you.
5. Swim, dive, cycle and explore on the nearby Egadi Islands, a small collection of islands just off Trapani’s coastline and just a 30 minute boat trip away.
Click here to view our full range of holiday homes in Sicily
“When I first came to Scopello, I thought it was the most beautiful place I had ever seen.” Gavin Maxwell, author.