News - Featured location
The countdown to the Olympics has well and truly begun, so we thought we would serve up our very own Olympic trip to Italy....... and head to Lazio......
Lazio lies on the western coast of central Italy and home to Rome which was known for centuries as the capital of the world. But there is more to Lazio than football and the Coliseum.............
1. You really can please all of the people all of the time; Home of romance...... For the romantics the eternal city of Rome awaits, the active sporty types will want to explore the stunning volcanic lakes of Vico and Bolsena, and for those in search of a little rest and relaxation why not try the thermal springs and the famous wines of the region.
2. History, culture and architecture; For those who want to enrich themselves there is simply no other place to immerse oneself; the Vatican, St Peter’s Basilica, Trevi fountain, Spanish Steps.... you get the picture!
3. All roads lead to Rome, however they all must be explored before you even arrive at the Eternal City....... Lake Vico is Europe’s oldest volcanic lake, the vineyards of the famous Montefiascone’s Est! Est! Est!, the Etruscan tombs of Cerveteri and the beautiful islands of Pontine.
4. Beach lovers will not be disappointed with Sante Severa and Sante Marinella to the north of the region and to the south Sperlonga, Gaeta, Sabaudia and San Felice Circeo all rank as some of the finest in the region.
5. And if that’s still not enough, there’s always the football!
Enjoy Rome at one of our fabulous properties in the region