Cottages to Castles Limited of The Grange, Bank of England Sports Ground, Bank Lane, London, SW15 5JT understands and respects the importance of your privacy and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. In providing our service to you, we must collect personal information from you and make subsequent use of it as detailed below. WHAT INFORMATION WILL WE COLLECT?
We may collect all or some of the following information relating to you or other members of your party:
- names and contact/address details including telephone number and email address;
- credit/ debit card or other payment details (including card number, cardholder name, expiry date);
- special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen holiday arrangements;
- dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs);
- travel and hotel room preferences.
Some of the information we collect (such as about health or religion) may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data from you on the condition that we have your positive consent. We will seek this consent when necessary.
HOW WILL WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION?
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it:
- When you make a booking with us, over the telephone or via our internet booking facilities;
- When you register with us for newsletters, email updates, enter competitions or take part in surveys and customer feedback;
- When you write, fax, telephone or email us to make an enquiry.
WHAT WILL WE DO WITH IT?
(1) We will use your name, address and credit card details to complete your travel booking with us.
(2) We will also use your details to manage your booking, send you notifications and communicate with you generally.
(3) For the purpose of providing you with the holiday services, we may have to disclose some of your information to the providers of the services making up your holiday arrangements (who could be located outside the UK/EEA), such as the hotel, airline, transfer company and car hire company. We may also have to disclose some information to third parties in relation to customer services, credit card processing, or other services.
(4) In order for you to travel overseas, it may be mandatory (as requested government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose your information for immigration, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
(5) We may need to disclose your information where required by law, where such a request is made by a legal authority.
(6) We may need to disclose our customer list including any personal information relating to you to a third party who acquires or attempts to acquire all or substantially all of the asset/ stock in our company or our website.
(7) We may also disclose information to organisations who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or to other organisations that perform business functions on our behalf, some of whom are outside the UK/EEA. These functions include administration, providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or our group companies), risk assessment, security and crime prevention/detection, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.
(8) We may from time to time contact you with information about special offers, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may ask us in writing not to receive it.
(9) We may pass your details to other parties who offer goods or services which we feel may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to have your details passed on in this way, you may ask us in writing not to do so.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. Outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website.
WHAT CAN I DO?
If you do not agree to our use of the information as set out above, you should inform us as soon as possible by writing to us at:-
Cottages to Castles Limited, The Grange, Bank of England Sports Ground, Bank Lane, London, SW15 5JT
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you may ask us in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge an administration fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information. We aim to respond to you within 21 days from the date of request.
You can also choose not to provide us with some of the information we request, however as a result we may not be able to complete your travel booking.
Please note that in order for us to provide you with optimum service, we use ‘Cookies’ on our website.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. Cookies will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. Two types of cookies are used on this web site - session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Cookies allow us to obtain information regarding users of our site which essentially helps us to provide you with a better user experience and tailor our services to your individual needs. We may collect information such as your IP address, online activity and web browser details. We will not however collect or store any of your passwords or other highly sensitive data.
From 26 May 2012, all websites are under an obligation to expressly obtain your consent to download cookies onto your computer for any reason other than where it is “strictly necessary” to download cookies onto your computer. It will be ‘strictly necessary’ to download a cookie on to your computer in order to complete a request made by you, e.g. to process payment of for goods/services purchased by you, to add our website to your ‘favourites’ or to enable you to subscribe to our newsletter where you have requested to do so.
In order to comply with these rules, we will expressly request your consent where we need to download any cookies onto your computer for services where it is not strictly necessary to do so.
How will we ask for your consent?
If you choose to opt out and prevent us from downloading cookies on to your computer this will affect your user experience of our website and we may not be able to offer you all the services on our website as a result. Therefore, in order to provide you with the best experience of our website and offer you all of our services, we would recommend not opting out of cookies.
To find out more information about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We take website security very seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. We take a number of administrative and technical steps to ensure the security of the information you provide to us.
We use Security Metrics for secure and encrypted payments.
Please note that our website contains certain literature and hyperlinks to websites owned by third parties. This privacy statement covers websites owned and controlled by us only. Links to other websites and any information collected by these sites are not covered by this privacy statement.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, to help improve our service and in the interest of security, we may monitor and/or record: (1) your telephone calls; and (2) customer transactions and activities on our website. All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.
UPDATES AND CHANGES
As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law we encourage you to re read this from time to time so you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use your personal information. Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website, brochure and/or made available on request.