HERE ARE THE TERMS & CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO A BOOKING. PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY.
Please read these booking conditions carefully.
We act as the booking agent for the suppliers of the ‘component parts’ of the holidays (i.e. accommodation, villa rentals etc) we organise, and as such, bookings for their services will form a DIRECT CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND THE RELEVANT SUPPLIER, and will be subject to that supplier's standard terms and conditions.
Your contract is with the relevant arrangement supplier. The supplier’s terms and conditions are applicable to your booking. When you make your booking you are deemed to have accepted on behalf of your party the terms of these Booking Conditions, and pay any relevant deposits. All monies paid to a travel agent are held by them on behalf of us. Please note that all parties must include at least 2 people aged 21 or over.
We provide links to supplier(s) and supplier websites via our website; for example car hire and hotel accommodation providers which we consider may be of interest to you. You will be directed to these sites via a pop up window. We are not responsible for the content of such websites and act as introducer only in this regard. We cannot accept any liability in relation to these websites; in relation to any material or information appearing on them; in relation to the services you buy via these website; or in relation to any material or information which you may come across after leaving our site. All contracts for services featured would be directly with the supplier whose terms and conditions will be applicable.
1. PricesWe guarantee that the price of your chosen arrangements will not be subject to any surcharges except those resulting from local taxes (payable locally) or variations in the exchange rate applied to your booking. In these cases we, on behalf of the Supplier, reserve the right to pass on additional costs to you.
2. Transfer of BookingsIf, after your booking has been confirmed, you wish to transfer it to another person, we will ask the accommodation owner to make every effort to accommodate you, but cannot guarantee that such transfer will be possible. If you wish to cancel your booking, the owner will levy cancellation charges on you. Typically the charges will be 30% for cancellation more than 56 days before the departure, 50% if notified between 56 and 14 days before departure, and 100% thereafter. Please contact us to request further details in relation to the exact charges for your particular booking. Cancellations must be received by us, as agents for the owner, in writing, to be effective.
3. Our ResponsibilityYour contract is with the supplier. As agent, we accept no responsibility for the actual provision of the arrangements. Our responsibilities are limited to making the booking in accordance with your instructions. We accept no responsibility for any information about the arrangements that we pass on to you in good faith. However, in the event that we are found liable to you on any basis whatsoever, our maximum liability to you is limited to twice the cost of your booking (or the appropriate proportion of this if not everyone on the booking is affected). We do not exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury that arises as a result of our negligence or that of any of our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
4. Changes or cancellations by the supplierIf an accommodation owner or hotel alters or cancels your booking, we will inform you as soon as possible but we have no liability to make any refunds or to pay any compensation. Any refunds or compensation will be solely at the discretion of the accommodation owner or hotel.
5. Website InformationWe have taken the greatest care to ensure the accuracy of all information contained on our website and website relating to any service advertised. There may be small differences between the actual properties/other services and its/their description, as we, and our supplier are always seeking to improve services and facilities. Occasionally, problems mean that some facilities or services become unavailable or subject to restriction. If this happens, we will tell the party leader as soon as reasonably practical after we become aware of the situation. Neither we nor the supplier can accept responsibility for any changes or closures to the area, amenities, local services, or attractions mentioned on our website, by our advisers or advertised elsewhere. We make reasonable efforts to ensure that information supplied to you in relation to your property and its facilities and/or services as well as advertised travel and other services is accurate and complete as at the date given. We cannot accept responsibility for any inaccurate, incomplete or misleading information about any property or its facilities and/or services or any advertised travel and other services, except where any such information has arisen out of our negligence.
6. PaymentIf the booking is made more than 56 days prior to departure, a deposit of 30% of the villa rental cost will be payable immediately. Cottages to Castles act solely as agent in respect of the villa. Separate terms and conditions will be applicable. These will be available from us upon request.
7. Your Contract with the SupplierA contract will exist with the supplier of the services concerned when we issue the confirmation. Upon receipt of any documentation please check it immediately and contact us straight away if anything is wrong since it may not always be possible to make changes at a later stage. The balance of the cost will be as shown on the confirmation invoice and must be paid 56 days prior to departure. If payment is not made by the due date we reserve the right to cancel the arrangements and the cancellation charges detailed will apply. Bookings made within 56 days of departure are deemed as late bookings. Full payment will be required immediately and once this has been received by us, the relevant booking conditions will apply.
8. InsuranceIt is a condition of your contract with the Supplier that you have insurance cover for the duration of your trip, and that it is adequate for your needs and the type of activities you will be undertaking as part of your holiday. You are responsible for indemnifying us and the Supplier in full in the event that we incur any losses or expenses arising out of your failure to take out adequate insurance cover.
9. Alterations by YouIf you wish to make any change to your holiday arrangements once they have been confirmed, we will pass on your request to the accommodation owners, who will do their best to accommodate you. Any change is subject to availability, and also to payment of an administration fee of £40 and any associated costs of the change imposed by our suppliers. There is likely to be a 100% cancellation charge if you wish to change holiday dates for villas.
10. Breakages DepositA security deposit is payable by you in one of two ways:
a) on arrival at any villa and payable to the key holder or owner; this must be paid in cash and you should collect it before you depart from the accommodation, or
b) at the time of booking, payable to us and held by us as agent for the owner. You will be asked to sign a confirmation at the time of payment if we are holding the deposit for the owner.
We will confirm which deposit method is applicable at the time of booking. The amount of this deposit will be shown on the confirmation invoice. This deposit protects against breakages, damage, telephone, central heating and any other services, which cost extra as detailed in the property description. You are responsible to the owner for the actual costs of any breakage or damage in or to the property which are caused during your stay at the property. The owner will refund the security deposit by authorising us to release it within 14 days of your departure from the property (less any costs for breakages, damage and so on, if deductions apply). If the cost of the damage exceeds the security deposit amount the Owner can ask for an extra payment from you to cover any related costs.
11. Care of PropertyYou are responsible for ensuring that any properties provided are left upon departure in the same condition of cleanliness and repair as upon arrival. Failure to do so will result in a deduction from your security deposit.
12. Property Noise and LocationYou are responsible for checking prior to making a booking that you are happy with the location of the property, (in terms of proximity to the road, location to neighbouring properties etc.) All properties listed on our website are locatable using google maps. If you do not have access to google maps then please contact us via email email@example.com and we will be more than happy to assist.
13. Party SizeProperty owners reserve the right to refuse admittance if the number of persons arriving exceeds the number on the booking form or the maximum sleeping places as detailed in the relevant brochure/website description. Where a property offers a price for varying numbers, empty bedrooms will be closed.
14. AnimalsIf, after your booking has been confirmed, you wish to transfer it to another person, we will ask the accommodation owner to make every effort to accommodate you, but cannot guarantee that such transfer will be possible. If you wish to cancel your booking, the owner will levy cancellation charges on you. Typically the charges will be 30% for cancellation more than 56 days before the departure, 50% if notified between 56 and 14 days before departure, and 100% thereafter. Please contact us to request further details in relation to the exact charges for your particular booking. Cancellations must be received by us, as agents for the owner, in writing, to be effective.
In the interests of hygiene we regret that the Suppliers do not permit animals at the properties. Guide dogs, however, are permitted.
15. Suppliers’ Conditions/Conditions of CarriageThe suppliers of the component parts of your holiday have booking conditions or conditions of carriage and you will be bound by these so far as the relevant supplier is concerned. Some of these conditions may limit or exclude liability on the part of the relevant supplier. Where relevant, copies of such conditions will be available for inspection at our offices or at the offices of the relevant supplier.
16. ComplaintsWe would hope that you will not be dissatisfied with any aspect of your holiday. However, in the event that you are dissatisfied you must report the cause to the key holder or owner of the villa and/or any other relevant supplier to allow them the opportunity to rectify the problem. In the unlikely event that you are still not satisfied upon your return from holiday, you must write to the Supplier giving full details within 28 days. If you fail to notify the supplier of any dissatisfaction during your holiday then your rights under your contract with them may be affected. Any assistance given by us in relation to your complaint is given as a goodwill gesture in our capacity as agent.
17. Force MajeureWe cannot accept liability or pay compensation where the performance and/or prompt performance of our obligations to you is prevented by or affected by "force majeure". In these Booking Conditions "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier(s) of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events are likely to include but are not limited to cancellation of a special event by the organisers, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural, nuclear, chemical or biological disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, and all similar events outside our control.
18. Special RequestsAny requests made regarding your arrangements should be entered in the relevant space on the booking form (see link on website) when making the booking. These requests will be noted and passed to the relevant Supplier; however, we regret that we cannot under any circumstances guarantee a request will be met. For this reason we do not accept conditional bookings and a request does not form any part of the contract between us. If information is given over the telephone to you from our office, it is important to ascertain that this information is confirmed in writing and then shown on the confirmation invoice or in a letter from ourselves. Telephone conversations can sometimes be either misinterpreted or misunderstood, especially if via a third party. Therefore, we do not accept responsibility for merely verbal information.
19. Disabilities and Medical ProblemsIf you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your stay, including without limitation any phobias or similar medical issues, please provide us with full details prior to making a booking. We will then pass these details on to the relevant supplier and an assessment may be made as to the suitability of your chosen arrangements. If the supplier is unable to properly accommodate the needs of the person(s) concerned, your booking will not be confirmed. Please note that if you did not give us full details at the time of booking, the supplier may cancel your booking and impose applicable cancellation charges when it becomes aware of these details.
20. Data Protection PolicyIn order to process your booking and to ensure that your travel arrangements run smoothly and meet your requirements, we need to use the information you provide such as name, address and special needs/dietary requirements etc. We take full responsibility for ensuring that proper security measures are in place to protect your information. We must pass on the information to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements such as, accommodation owners and transport companies etc. The information may also be provided to security or credit checking companies, public authorities such as customs/immigration if required by them, or as required by law. We will not pass on any information to persons not part of your travel arrangements. This applies to any sensitive information that you give us such as details of any disabilities or dietary/religious requirements. If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, we cannot provide your booking. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed onto the relevant persons. Your data controller is Rapidream Ltd t/a Cottages to Castles. Please note that where information is held by your travel agent, this is subject to your agent's own data protection policy. We will hold your information where collected by us, and may use it to inform you of offers in the future or to send you brochures. You are entitled to a copy of your information held by us. (We may make a small charge for providing this to you).
You agree to allow Cottages to Castles to use any feedback (in part or full) which you provide on their website or other marketing material. Cottages to Castles confirm that they will not display any client’s name in full, on their website or marketing material. If you do not wish for your feedback to be displayed on Cottages to Castles marketing material we request that you write to us at Tuscany House, 10 Tonbridge Road, Maidstone, Kent ME16 8RP, UK or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org simply stating ‘WEBSITE FEEDBACK, OPT OUT.’
21. ExcursionsPlease note that we do not provide excursions. Suppliers may, at your request, make arrangements for excursions locally on your behalf. However, please note that if they do, the contract for the provision of the excursion will be between you and the supplier of the excursion and not between you and us, and no liability can be accepted by us in relation to any such excursion...
22. Passports, Visas and HealthIt is your responsibility to be in possession of a valid passport and any necessary visas or health documents. You should contact your Embassy for information and advice on the passport and visa requirements of the countries you propose to visit. We cannot accept liability or consider refunds for clients who cannot travel because of incomplete or incorrect documentation. Please note that many countries require that a passport is valid for six months beyond the period of proposed stay. Requirements can change and it is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with applicable passport, visa and health requirements and take all necessary documents in order to gain access to any country or region to which travel arrangements are made. If you fail to do so, you will be solely responsible for any cost, loss or damage which you, or we, incur as a result of your failure. For regular updates on visa requirements or any safety advice for British Citizens planning to travel overseas, see the Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO) website: www.fco-gov.uk. You should contact the FCO before making a final decision regarding your destination.
23. Law and JurisdictionIt is agreed that any dispute, claim or other matter which may arise in relation to your booking will be governed by English Law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Cottages to Castles is a trading name of Rapidrealm Limited Registered in England No. 1758824 Tuscany House, 10 Tonbridge Road, Maidstone, Kent ME16 8RP, UK